Dream-pop producer is soul searching in new song ‘Butterfly’


Image: Andy Tan


Amsterdam-born singer-songwriter IIja Alexander is making waves with his new song ‘Butterfly’, and his previous single ‘I’ll Wait’, which featured in Rolling Stone India. Sound Labyrinth mentioned this comment about the new IIja Alexander song, “Inspired by a wide array of music and artists, Alexander is discovering and himself through his music and through doing this he stands out from some of your forgettable radio hits.” His new song ‘Butterfly’ diverts from his usual subject matter of romance.

IIja Alexander adds his thoughts on how the song was brought to the surface “People have always called me 'zen', but I recently discovered I was just emotionally disconnected. No one knew what was going on in my mind, neither did I. One day, while sitting in the park, a little butterfly flew towards me and landed in the grass next to me. I asked the butterfly if it knew what was going on in my mind, giving birth to this song. The butterfly guided me with my own metamorphosis to a new beginning.”

‘Butterfly’ is Alexander turns a new page with his single, and focuses more on matters of the soul then matters of the heart.


Comments