UK pop singer KEHLI sits down for exclusive interview following latest release


Eighteen-year-old pop songstress, KEHLI has released her latest single, ‘One Last Kiss’ (feat Kid Eternal & Sam Ojo) via Rough Bones LTD. The evocative song embraces the singer's youth while creating a fast tempo that allows for easy remix possibilities.

Originally from Dublin, Ireland the energetic singer currently resides in London. With a background in contemporary, hip hop and ballet dancing, we’re looking forward to seeing how the music styles supporting those form will influence her future work.

Hi KEHLI, thanks for thanks the time to do an interview with us. How has your year been so far?

My year so far has been good. So much has happened in such a small amount of time and I’m just excited to see what happens next!


What is the meaning of your name?

It's is just another way of spelling my name Kelly that I thought was unique!


What gets your creative juices flowing? 

Listening to my favorite songs and wanting to create songs like them. Before I go into studio I always like to feel relaxed and clear headed as I want to be in my truest form.


Take us through your songwriting process.  

I decide what kind of feel I like soundwise and listen to a few beats with my team. The process of lyrics and style follows from the vibe I get from the track. In studio is where the magic happens when the lyrics are finished and the track is laid down. The process for me has always been so fun and exciting as the finished product is always amazing.  My creative team are phenomenal


It’s the future and you’re performing next to your dream stage partner. Who is standing next to you? 

Ariana Grande!


What is the most memorable response you have had to your music? 

For my friends and family to enjoy it has been my main priority so just hearing them support me has been amazing.


Do you have any guilty pleasures? Things you like that you know you probably shouldn't. 

Listening to sad music when I’m sad to increase my sadness. Which I know I shouldn’t do but continue to do so hehe


Breakdown the news for us: what can we expect from you in the near future? 

You will be hearing more of me in the near future I promise you that! More songs and hopefully a lot of gigs!





Follow Kehli:

Comments