Sôra Joins All the Soulful, Sassy Sisters with New Release 'Unchained'


Perhaps Sôra is too young to even understand the comparison I’m about to make but I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn’t. The first thing I did when hearing this new track ‘Unchained’ released on 29 March under Colligence Records by the dynamic songstress, is to pause all action to go all the way back in time to my childhood and the very first female group that hooked me, TLC. For anyone who remembers those three strong women (RIP Lisa Left Eye Lopez), you’ll understand why Sora’s smokey voice took me back to Tionne Tenese Watkins


Far from Atlanta, Georgia, Sôra with both British and French roots has tapped into a soulful sound not often pursued anymore. But damn, when it’s done right, it can get you listening with closed eyes and the biggest smile on your face. What makes Sôra special is her diversity. From jazzy grooves to this rock ‘n roll attitude that she exudes in her delivery.


It’s no surprise when she’s previously mentioned influences with the likes of Erykah Badu, Pharrell and Justin Timberlake, ‘Unchained’ is a gorgeous nod to that 90s Urban sound. The soulful piano chords with Sôra’s raspy voice and modern spit-fire flows in her rhymes just solidifies the rich direction of the track and sets her it apart from current mainstream divas. 

Listen to 'Unchained' here.



Follow Sôra:


Comments