Singer-songwriter Lucy Mair exceeds expectations on her jazzy and defiant new track ‘Being Pretty Was Fun’

Yesterday, London-native and rising star singer-songwriter Lucy Mair dropped her brand new single, ‘Being Pretty Was Fun’, an honest pop ballad oozing cool old-skool blues piano and new-skool feminist power. Mair is very clearly changing the mainstream trajectory of the pop genre, gaining international attention for her soulful and introspective sound that stays filled with accessible grooves. 

Lucy comments, on her new release, “I wrote this song when I was completely fed up of being told how to look or what to eat. I felt I needed to write a song that vented my frustration and encompassed my thoughts on popular culture's gender stereotyping and its obsession with beauty.


Listen to Lucy Mair’s brand new single, ‘Being Pretty Was Fun’, below.

Comments